Friday, August 24, 2012

Post Vocational Assessment


My body is still aching right now, but it certainly feels great knowing that I've pushed myself beyond my limits. Friends were all asking me, "How was the vocational assessment?" I dare not answer them confidently that the Lieutenant has said that i'm selected for Commando already. I'm afraid that I might be given a false hope about getting into Commando unit and I didn't want to become a laughing stock when I wasn't actually selected at the end of the day. Confidence issue. That's the problem that I've been dealing with for the past few years, till now. I'm afraid of judgement, to a certain extent. I don't want to boast about my future position in Commando and for all I know, people might be judging me as insensitive. I'm just gonna wait till I receive my confirmation letter before I let my friends know the truth.


Preliminary Examination


I just did the math paper 2 this morning at 8am. It was tough, it wasn't as manageable as I hope it to be. I was complacent. I told my friends that the paper was difficult, but deep down inside, there's a tiny voice reciting in my head "You could have done much better if you weren't so complacent." Yes I know. Ever since i got back my Mid-Year results, I've never gone for math consultation. I devoted my time on GP, History and Bio. Out of the 3 subjects, I can hardly say that I can pass any of it. It wasn't a good strategy, for all my JC exam, I have been relying on my maths and chemistry to secure my decent rank points. I will do pretty badly for this Prelim. No point crying over spilled milk, but I still have to face the reality. I'm gonna work harder, I promise myself.


The Expendables II


It was kinda sort of a class outing, with some boys from other classes. We watched Expendables II at NEX and it has been a long time since I watched a great movie. Finally, after all the viral Chuck Norris jokes that I've read over the internet, I got to see Chuck Norris starring in a movie. One of my favourite part: "Hey Norris, I heard you got bitten by a Cobra." "Yes I did. And after 5 days of agonizing pain, the Cobra finally died." Yes I enjoyed myself, as always. As long as I'm with these cranky people, I feel like myself. How i wish these moments will never end. We went Long John Silver after the movie for our lepak session. We mocked each other's unique behaviors and talked about our eyecandies/crushes. Yes we behaved like a secondary school kid. But its our last 3 months, after the 3 months, we're going to be responsible for our actions and words. Considering that we are still students, why not behave like one? 


Memories from Cambodia


I miss Cambodia. I miss the kids. I miss how I played games with them. I miss how they held my hands. I miss how they made little things for us. I miss how we made bracelets together. I miss how we did colourings together. I miss how we treasure every drops of water. I miss group 3. I miss the time we spent together. I miss the nonsense we did in the hotel room. I miss everything about Cambodia

Here are some pictures that we took in Cambodia:



 I was teaching them a handshake which I did with most of them as an icebreaker.
 Check out my dimples. Hahahaha.
These are the little kids that we did the colourings with.
Have I mention that these Cambodia kids are camwhores? 
Back in the days where its perfectly normal for little boys and girls to hold hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment