Monday, January 21, 2013

Last week was pretty goood, I spent the whole week with my band people and we have our first ever band concert on 19 January! My band journey really ended well with such an overwhelming concert and it is really heartening to see that many of the band people have grown to be more accepting of others, more respectful and more matured. The president of the band appears to me to be a role of a father to the band, besides having to oversee everything in band and making sure that everything is in place, I do care about their well-being in the band and outside of band. Every single band member is like a child to me and I feel responsible for them. Even after I'm no longer the father anymore, I still feel a sense of responsibility towards band, and at some point of time, you have to learn to let go and entrust the role to the next generation of leader. Letting go wasn't easy, but it certainly comes easier when you learn to trust the next batch of leaders. They are doing a great job and I'm really proud of the EXCO 2012/13 :)

Sometimes the worst feeling of all is that you want people to know that you're upset, but you pretended not to care. What doesn't feel so good is when the person you really care judges you from afar, without really bother to truly understand you. Often laugh along with them whenever they judge me, but deep down it really hurts, no matter how close that person is to me. You feel unjust for yourself, for which you know that you're not who they thought you are but you just didn't wanna clear it because you just can't be bothered to make good impression of yourself. My heart really sank but I still pretended not to care because they're just being true to themselves. So what if I tried to tell them that what they've thought of me isn't true? Probably ill get a "Yeah I'm just kidding." but deep down inside them thoughts would still remain unchanged. So just let the vicious cycle continues and live on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment