Tuesday, August 28, 2012

As usual, I went to macdonald to study for my History. Sat beside were a pair of mother and daughter. In the beginning, I was quite disturbed by the daughter, who talked very loud and commented on strangers ridiculously. Then, I sense some familiarity. It was my mum. My mum had the same condition 2 years ago as she went into extreme depression. My Mum was violent and she didn't know what she were doing, her mind was not in a right state. As I observed the daughter, I drew some similarities between my mum and her. As the daughter walked away from her Mother, I told her mother "Hey, I understand how it feels, my mum had the same condition as her. Is she under medication?" That's when I realized that her Mum thought it was normal for her to behave in that manner. I told her about my mum's condition and let her know that she will turned into violent mode if she's not under proper medication. As she speaks to me, it was clear that she hadn't thought through her words before it was voiced out. Just like my mum, after she was admitted to the hospital, she didn't say those stuff that often anymore and she frankly had a peaceful inner mind at last. I told her Mum,"Dragging her all the way to the mental hospital may seems heartless, but you know you still have to do it, it's the best for her." I just had to say it, it's the best for both of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment